one of my goals of 2018 is to be more aware of the environment and to start using sustainable products! My first sustainable product is a bamboo toothbrush which I bought at a local sustainability event.
After I carried it home, I decided to take it with me to my camping trip and when i first used it i was surprised: it literally tastes like putting wood in your mouth?!? But the bristles were very soft and felt nice on my teeth.
In general it is like a usual toothbrush and it works just fine. Also it looks much better and is much more ecofriendly than the usual plastic brushes, that is why i decided to list some information for you below:
Some facts about toothbrushes and waste:
- 4.7 billion plastic toothbrushes are produced every year
- usually a person uses up to six different toothbrushes a year
- the plastic is not sustainable because it takes years to be dismantled
- bamboo toothbrushes should be stored dry so they last longer
- toothbrushes can be boiled and then be recycled for cleaning
If you want to keep up with my journey and my blog check out my instagram and if you have any product recommendations write them in the comments below ✨
disclaimer: i am not associated with any of the companies mentioned and my opinions are solemnly my own.
toothbrush from: https://www.hydrophil.com/
contact/ promos: sickocean[at]women-at-work.org